Harvest Celebration Scarecrow Contest Details!
This Contest is open to all residents of Dufferin County!
Please call or email Kate at the BIA office to reserve a display spot in the park!
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 519 942 0087
Saturday, October 20th 8:30 am – 9:30 am Alexandra Park (behind Town Hall)
Check in at the Farmers’ Market Info booth to receive your individual park location.
1. Be as creative as you want! We have no restrictions on size or display type. You can have a traditional scarecrow, staked in the ground or have scarecrows sitting or standing. As long as it is safe it is fair game!
2. Allow enough time for setup. Voting starts at 10:00am. Please make sure your display is complete by 9:45am at the latest to make sure you don’t miss out on any votes!
3. Keep your scarecrow family friendly. Please no graphic imagery or foul language. We don’t want to give our tiniest visitors bad dreams!
4. Remember, all materials required to build your scarecrow are your responsibility. Please use your best judgement on what you bring to the park. Although the park will be staffed, the BIA is not responsible for lost, stolen or rained on property.
5. The BIA reserves the right to take pictures of all entries and use the images in future publicity and media coverage.
Saturday, October 20th 1:30 – 2:30pm, Alexandra Park
Please collect your scarecrows promptly from the park! Any scarecrows that are not picked up will be left in the park for garbage pick-up.
Scarecrows are ‘judged’ by Orangeville residents enjoying the Harvest Celebration. The scarecrows with the most votes will win first, second and third prizes.
Besides bragging rights, the winners will win a cash donation to the local school or charity of their choice and photos and details of the winning entries will be submitted to local publications.
1st Prize – $250 2nd Prize -$100 3rd Prize – $ 50
Any additional questions? Call Kate at the OBIA office anytime. Good Luck!