Please note that I will be away next week, August 10th
. If your request is urgent, please contact Alison Scheel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, a friendly reminder to please complete the Tourism Strategy & Action Plan stakeholder survey
. Your feedback and comments are highly valued as part of the engagement process and $1 will be donated to the Orangeville Food Bank for every survey submission. Deadline to complete the survey is August 21st at 5pm.
This week I would like to review some of the amazing marketing and e-commerce opportunities that are available to you, including ShopDowntownOrangeville.ca
, the Digital Main Street Transformation Grant
, and a free one hour digital marketing consultation
from Green Monkey Creative, in partnership with the OBIA. Please do not let these awesome programs pass you by, contact me if you have any questions about which program might be right for you!
SHOP DOWNTOWN ORANGEVILLE.ca
Moguls in Mocean
SHOP DOWNTOWN ORANGEVILLE.ca is going strong, with 30 members and over 300 products listed. Participating members are reporting that in addition to online sales, new customers have been popping into their stores, saying things like: “I saw your products on Shop Downtown Orangeville – I didn’t even know this store was here before!”.
It’s clear that Shop Downtown Orangeville.ca is helping to increase visibility for members and is a convenient place to go to access many of our Downtown businesses in one place. We will be promoting the online marketplace heavily as the seasons change and leading up to Christmas, so now is a great time to come on board!
There are 2 ways to join:
- Create a shop profile and sell your products/services/ menu items on shopdowntownorangeville.ca (this is a great option if you are not currently selling online). Pay only 3% per transaction, we cover all monthly fees.
- Create a shop profile and link to your existing online shop (this is a great option if you already have a successful online shop). This option is totally free, we cover all monthly fees.
Either option allows you to reach more customers, raise your brand awareness, highlight specific products, and be a part of the Downtown Orangeville online community in a new way. I can help you figure out which option is best for you, and I’ll be here every step of the way - contact me to get started!
Get inspired! Visit Moguls in Mocean
on Shop Downtown Orangeville.ca !
DIGITAL MAIN STREET GRANT
What is the Digital Transformation Grant Program?
The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program will provide funding for training, advisory support, and contributions to main street small businesses looking to increase their capacity through digital transformation.
What is the objective of the Digital Transformation Grant?
- Provide MSB owners with an online assessment to direct them through the process ofdetermining the digital needs of their business
- Provide MSB owners with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation by completing an online training course that provides the basics of how digital technology will transform their business for success
- Provide eligible and approved MSB owners with a grant of $2,500 to assist with the execution of their digital transformation plan (DTP)
Last year, some of our Downtown members used their funds to:
- Hire an individual or agency to build a new website or improve an existing site
- purchase equipment for product photography
- learn how to create social media posts through training and mentoring programs
- hire an agency or individual to create social media posts and update social media profiles
- and so much more!
You can even use your grant $ to build or improve your Shop Downtown Orangeville site! So many possibilities!
Dufferin County Tourism Events for Businesses
Dufferin County Tourism is hosting two virtual events on August 11th for local businesses to attend.
Virtual Tourism Roundtable for Businesses and Operators
This event is a networking opportunity to ask questions, share ideas, and discuss what is happening in the tourism industry.
Tuesday August 11th
from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Register here to attend!
Discover the Dufferin County Tourism Strategy and Action Plan
Attend this event to share your ideas for tourism in Dufferin County! The event will also provide details on the tourism strategy and plans for the area.
Tuesday August 11th, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
Register here to attend!
OBIA ONLINE MARKETING SUPPORT PROGRAM
We launched this program back in April and just wanted to remind you that it’s still available to you! The OBIA, in partnership with Green Monkey Creative, is offering FREE DIGITAL MARKETING SUPPORT
for your business. Green Monkey can help you with any questions you have regarding social media, websites, online ads, etc. How do I update my google business listing? How often should I post to Facebook and Instagram? What types of things should I be posting? How do I create a consistent look for my brand? They will give you one hour of free help and advice
. Please don’t miss out on this great opportunity! Call or email Green Monkey directly to book: phone: 519-307-7900 / email: email@example.com
If you want to talk in more detail about any of these opportunities, feel free to reach out to me via email or phone call, I am here to help