Sidewalk Reconstruction, Help with Hiring, Gift Certificate Collection & more
Sidewalk Reconstruction (Broadway Bricks) Commences This Week
Phase one of the sidewalk reconstruction project, aka “Broadway Bricks”, is set to commence this week, starting with the preparation of the new tree pits. The BIA sent out a separate communication last week detailing the phases and timelines for the sidewalk reconstruction project. If you did not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the full details including press release and poster.
We will do our best to keep you informed as the project proceeds. BIA staff is planning some promotions to attract visitors during the construction and will provide information in the coming weeks.
It is important to note that:
- Construction in zones/blocks that have restaurant patios will not begin until after Labour Day at the earliest. Restaurants with patios will be notified 2 weeks in advance to allow time to tear down patios.
- All businesses will remain accessible, except for short periods when the concrete is being poured, etc.
- Street parking will be open to the public in the zones that have already been completed or have not yet been started.
In our communications with the public, we will aim to show that Downtown Orangeville is STILL OPEN and STILL FRIENDLY during construction. We hope you will help us to share this message, as well as the positive aspects about the project, including:
- Increased accessibility and inclusion
- Safer walking surfaces
- Electrical resources for musicians and festivals
- Water refill station
- New bike racks and bike repair station
- More accessible benches
- New recycling/garbage stations
- More trees!
The link to the construction schedule and updated information can be found here: https://www.orangeville.ca/en/living-here/broadway-bricks.aspx
Any questions? Please get in touch! email@example.com
Hiring in a Post-Pandemic Environment
We are hearing from many of you that attracting and retaining qualified staff, is really challenging right now. Tourism HR Canada has put together a guide to help you attract and retain employees in a post-pandemic environment. Click here to download the PDF: https://tourismhr.ca/wp-content/uploads/Now_Hiring_Guide_Tourism_HR_Canada.pdf There are some really great tips in here, we hope you find it useful!
The BIA would also like to help you by getting the word out on social media! Have you recently shared a NOW HIRING post on social media? Please make sure to tag us (@downtownoville) so that we can post to the Downtown Orangeville page. You can also email your postings to Julia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown Orangeville Gift Certificate Collection & Reimbursement
If you have any Downtown Gift Certificates, Coupons, or Downtown Dollars that were redeemed at your business, please reply to this email for reimbursement! Please note that gift certificate collection and re-imbursement happens once per month towards the end of the month, but you can request re-imbursement earlier if you wish, just let us know!
Important things to note:
- Coupons, gift certificates, and the new Downtown Dollars must be accompanied by the original receipt (a re-print or copy is OK). If you do not have a receipt, then a note including the date and amount of the transaction with your signature is required. We cannot reimburse certificates without this documentation.
- Please let us know if you would like re-imbursement via cheque, Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or visa payment (please note that cheques will take 2-3 weeks to process, 1-2 weeks for EFT).
If you have any questions about the Downtown Dollar/Coupon program or would like to be added to the list of businesses that accept Downtown Gift Certificates, please contact Eve: email@example.com.
Are you OPEN on Sundays in the summertime?
The Bangles said it best:
“I wish it was Sunday
‘cause that’s my fun day!”
During the summer months, we see a lot of Sunday day-trippers coming to Downtown Orangeville from faraway and nearby towns. If you plan to be OPEN SUNDAYS in July and August, please email Julia firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the list of must-visit Sunday destinations!
Please review the list below to ensure that we haven’t missed you!
- A Touch of Class By Mags
- Broadway Cannabis
- Broadway Vape Shop
- Bulk Barn
- Doogan’s Pet Emporium
- Dragonfly Arts on Broadway
- Framed x Design Custom Framing & Art Gallery
- Global Pet Foods
- Greenhawk Orangeville Equestrian Supplies
- M & M Meats
- Moguls in M’ocean
- Orangeville Outlet Centre
- Pear Home
- Sanderson Source for Sports
- Fire & Flower Cannabis
- Suzanne Gardner Flowers
- The Altered Nation
- The Village Refillery
- Wicked Shortbread
- Readers’ Choice
- Angel’s Diner
- Bar on Broadway
- Barley Vine Rail Co.
- Black Wolf Smokehouse
- Boston Pizza
- Coriander Kitchen
- Greystones Café
- Greystones Lounge and Restaurant
- Guest Wok
- Mill Creek Gardens
- Mill Creek Pub & Restaurant
- Mo’cha Bubble Tea
- RJ’s Taste of Asia
- RustiK Local Bistro
- Sul Irmaos Smokehouse
- Taphouse Craft Beer + Kitchen
- Thistle & Rose Pub
- Go Yoga (*classes only)
- Kala Yoga
- Kar Bath
- Orangeville Nails & Spa
- Orangeville Wellness Clinic
- RiverEdge Dental
- Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites
Have a great week!