To all members,
Summer is flying by and we are just a few days away from our Shop the Sidewalk event! Thank you to everyone who has confirmed their participation! It’s going to be a really exciting 2-day event with over 35 businesses participating, live music, balloons, kid-friendly programming & more! Whether you will be participating, or just coming down to enjoy the event, we can’t wait to see you there!
Shop the Sidewalk Friday August 27 & Saturday August 28
Our two-day Shop the Sidewalk event will be similar to a sidewalk sale, but shops are not required to put items on “sale”. Customers will get to experience an array of sidewalk activities – everything from special displays to live music, “meet the artist”, raffles, clearance tables, new fall inventory & more!
Click here for a list of participating businesses and the full event schedule!
- If you did not get a chance to RSVP to this event, it’s not too late to join in the fun! Email Julia: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 5pm and we will add you to the participant list!
- Last minute ideas include: handing out coupons, getting creative with some sidewalk chalk art, setting up a selfie station (fun backdrop or furniture piece), or a simple table with sale items!
Even if you are unable to participate in the event, you can still show your support for your business neighbours and the Downtown Orangeville community by:
- Viewing our Shop the Sidewalk posts on Facebook and Instagram and clicking SHARE!
- Sharing the event website link directly with your followers: https://downtownorangeville.ca/shop-the-sidewalk/
- Coming out and enjoying the event! Don’t forget to share your photos and tag @downtownoville / #shopthesidewalk !
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) Resource Hub
The WSPS Online Resource Hub is a great source of information when it comes to navigating COVID-19 & the workplace. Here are a few articles that you may find useful.
- 7 ways to help your employees overcome pandemic weariness – We’re all struggling to remain motivated and maintain pandemic precautions. With these seven suggestions, you can help employees reenergize, improve their mental health, and recover their motivation.
- Why workplace screening is more essential than ever – Increasing vaccination uptake and declining infection rates are bringing us closer to a life free of COVID-19 restrictions. Workplace screening can help get us there.
- Reduce the risk of renewed COVID violence with these 5 steps – As continued pandemic frustration risks boil up, violence could take the form of threats, verbal assaults, and physical assaults. Take action now to protect your employees.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant Information Sessions
Georgian College’s Career and Employment Community Services is holding free online information sessions about the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG). This government grant can fund up to 83% of the cost of upgrading the skills of your staff with a third-party trainer (please see attached flyer).
For more information, or to register for an information session, please contact Stacey Kovios: Stacey.email@example.com or 705-728-1968 ext. 4108 .
OUTDOOR, PHYSICALLY DISTANCED, LIVE, THEATRE IS BACK!
Support our local theatre in the great outdoors! Click the image for show times & tickets!