How to Be a Hometown Tourist, Vehicle for Hire Public Meeting Monday March 7th, Member to Member Discounts & more
How to Be a Hometown Tourist
How to Be a Hometown Tourist launches this week! Thanks to everyone who submitted their March Break specials to be included with this exciting campaign.
Leading up to and including March Break, we will be promoting fun ways to make the most of spring break staycation, including activities in and around Orangeville. You can check out the website post, including member specials and the #hometowntourist selfie contest, here: https://downtownorangeville.ca/how-to-be-a-hometown-tourist-march-break-edition/
Did you miss the deadline but want to get the word out about your March Break special? Email email@example.com with your promotion details and we will do our best to add you to the website ASAP!
Public Meeting Monday March 7th: Vehicle for Hire By-Law
“Finally, our restaurants are permitted to be open again, but our guests can’t find a taxi or car service to take them home at the end of the night. This is very concerning – we need to know that our guests can get home safely”. Mike Beattie, Taphouse Craft Beer + Kitchen
The vehicle for hire bylaw, currently under review, directly impacts our downtown businesses, especially restaurants. The Town of Orangeville will be holding a Public Meeting on Monday March 7th at 7pm to present and discuss proposed changes to the current Vehicle for Hire Bylaw. We encourage you to take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the issue (see links to information below) and to participate in the public process by putting your comments in writing for consideration at the public meeting, attending the meeting as a delegation, or by getting in touch with Mike Beattie of Taphouse in advance of the meeting to discuss a cooperative approach. You can reach Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the meeting on Monday:
Dial: +1 289-801-5774
Enter Conference ID: 620 652 213#
Current Bylaw: https://pub-orangeville.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=4738
Town Staff Report: https://pub-orangeville.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=4736
Member to Member Discounts
It’s been a little while since we shared information with you about our Member to Member Discount Program. Offering a small discount to your business neighbours:
- is a great way to encourage other members of the Downtown community to get to know you and your business (which means they will be more likely to refer you to their friends and customers!)
- gives incentive to each member to spend their money downtown (keeping those dollars in our community!)
- helps to foster a sense of camaraderie with your business neighbours.
How does the Program work?
- Simply tell us about a discount that you would like to offer to other OBIA members, and we will add you to the Member to Member Discount List. Email: email@example.com
- The Member to Member Discount List is shared with the membership in our Welcome Package for new members, and periodically in our newsletter.
- You can change or withdraw your discount offer at any time with written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request a discount at a participating Downtown Orangeville business, simply let them know that you are a fellow BIA member (honour system! 😊)
- IMPORTANT: If you are currently offering a discount to fellow BIA members, please notify all staff so that if a fellow BIA member requests a discount, all employees are aware of the program
For the 2022 year, we kindly ask that all members review the Member to Member Discount List below.
If your business is listed here, please verify that the discount information is still valid and notify us of any changes: email@example.com
If you are NEW to the program and would like to offer a discount to Downtown Orangeville business owners and have your business name listed here, please contact Julia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member to Member Discounts*
Academy of Performing Arts
Check in store for special BIA Member discounts for specific events
Framed x Design
30% off Custom Framing
monthly membership at a special rate of $65+ HST (regularly $99 + HST)
10% off membership fee
10% off on their monthly membership fee of $40
BIA $30 Thursdays – *Each business can book up to 2 tickets per performance. Thursday night performance of a Main Stage production (not valid on special add-on presentations or user group productions).
*Please note these discount offerings have not been verified for 2022, we will send a follow up message in the coming weeks with updated discount offerings.
Together with the Poltawa Ukrainian Community, Orangeville/Caledon will host an event on Sunday, March 6th to show support to and solidarity with Ukraine. MPP Sylvia Jones invites you to attend and to share with your contacts.
12:00 p.m. – Alexandra Park, 11 Second Street, Orangeville
2:00 p.m. – Town Hall, 6311 Old Church Rd, Caledon
Free Webinar: CRA Q & A
Get help with your business tax questions in this free webinar!
When: Thursday, March 31, 2022 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Brought to you by: The Small Business Enterprise Centre
Click HERE to register!
Hosted by a representative of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), this online session will cover general business tax information. Learn about common tax errors, what causes them and how to avoid them. Financial benchmarks, general bookkeeping concepts and best practices, issues related to COVID-19, and information on the CRA’s services will also be discussed.