Joy Book Grand Prize Winner, Gift Certificate Collection & Reimbursement
Joy Book – Grand Prize Winner!
Last week we gathered up all the entries from the big red mailbox (almost 1000 of them!) and drew the grand prize winner of $1000 Downtown Dollars! We encourage you to visit our social media channels to watch the announcement, featuring some very special guests!
The Joy Book shop local holiday campaign was a big success! We heard great feedback from members of the public and many of you throughout the campaign and we would like to thank all the businesses who took part! The excitement and number of entries we received was in large part thanks to your enthusiasm and participation and we could not have done it without you!
Do you have any comments about the Joy Book promotion? Would you like to do it again next year? Do you have other great ideas for Holiday promotions? Please send your thoughts to: email@example.com – we really value your feedback!
OBIA Annual General Meeting
On Wednesday, January 26th at 7pm, the OBIA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held virtually via Zoom conference call and all members are invited to attend.
The meeting will include a review of the OBIA’s 2021 activities, preliminary 2021 year-end financial report plus the OBIA’s budget and plans for 2022. We will also be announcing the Grand Prize Winner of our Holiday Window Decorating Contest!
Back by popular demand, each member (one representative per business/property) who registers their attendance in advance will receive a foodie gift pack including local goodies you can enjoy during the meeting. Registration is easy; simply RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 19th.
We look forward to seeing you!
Gift Certificate Collection & Reimbursement
If you have any Downtown Gift Certificates, Coupons, or Downtown Dollars that were redeemed at your store, please reply to this email for reimbursement! Please note that gift certificate collection and re-imbursement happens once per month towards the end of the month, but you can request re-imbursement earlier if you wish, just let us know!
Important things to note:
- Coupons, gift certificates, and the new Downtown Dollars must be accompanied by the original receipt (a re-print or copy is OK). If you do not have a receipt, then a note including the date and amount of the transaction with your signature is required. We cannot reimburse certificates without this documentation.
- Please let us know if you would like re-imbursement via cheque or visa payment (please note that cheques will take 2-3 weeks to process).
- We introduced “Downtown Dollars” to replace the old-style gift certificates, last year. Downtown Dollars come in denominations of $100, $50, $20. $10, and $5 (see sample below).
- Coupons come in denominations of $5 but there are some old $10 coupons still in circulation that may still be valid; please just check expiry date before redeeming (see sample below).
- Old-style Gift Certificates are being phased-out, but they are still valid (see sample below) and come in a variety of denominations.
- If you have any questions about the Downtown Dollar/Coupon program or would like to be added to the list of businesses that accept Downtown Gift Certificates, please contact Julia: email@example.com .
Are you offering Take-out? Curbside-Pick Up? On-line Classes? Have your Operating Hours Changed?
With this latest round of restrictions and closures, many customers are wondering, “who is open and when?” Please post to social media and your Google Business page to keep them in the loop!
Customers want to know your:
- operating hours
- take out and delivery options (including the best way to order!)
- curbside pick-up options
- website link for online shopping
- online class schedule and availability
- new capacity limits and what to expect when they visit
We’ve seen that many of you have already done this – great job! It doesn’t hurt to re-post your hours and available service options every week or so as a friendly reminder.
Do you need help creating a social media graphic with your hours or other important information? Our staff would love to assist! Please email Julia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Have an Online Shop?
Do you sell products, services, or gift certificates ONLINE via your website? Please share the link with us so we can add your shop to a new page on our website! Email Julia: email@example.com
Upcoming Small Business Webinars
The Orangeville Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC) has some exciting and informative webinars coming up this month. See below for just a few examples and visit their website to view the full calendar of events: https://calendar.orangeville.ca/business/Month
How to use TikTok For your Small Business
Wednesday, January 19, 2022 – 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
In this session you will learn how to use this emerging platform to build your online brand, reaching new potential customers and driving traffic to your website. By the end of this webinar you will learn tips and key features on how to use TikTok like a pro.
Ready Your Business for Income Taxes
Wednesday, January 26, 2022 – 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Taxes are a fact of life – HST, Income Tax, Payroll Taxes and so on. Understanding what you are responsible for as a business owner is half the battle. Join us as we explore the different taxes businesses must be concerned with and how to be sure you are in compliance. Presented by: Seguin Financial
Branding Your Business Better
Wednesday, January 26, 2022 – 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Your brand helps consumers identify who you are and what you’re about. Learn important elements of brand building and how it’ll aid your biz.
Subscribe to inDufferin’s Newsletter
inDufferin just released their first newsletter and it includes a wealth of information for doing business in Dufferin County.
Highlights include a comprehensive list of mental health supports in Dufferin County, an invitation for business owners to attend a special webinar entitled ‘The State of Business in Dufferin County”, details about the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit & much more!
Click here to read this month’s issue and to subscribe!
If YOU or a loved one is struggling right now, please check out the Mental Health Supports in Dufferin County here. Sometimes just having someone to talk to can make all the difference.
Just keep swimming!