Shop the Sidewalk Wrap-Up, Labour Day, Digital Main Street is Back & more!
Shop the Sidewalk Wrap-UpThank you so much to everyone who participated in our 2-day Shop the Sidewalk event! It was wonderful to see our Downtown come alive with colourful sights and sounds, live music, stories, magic, happy shoppers and busy patios! We couldn’t do it without participation from YOU our members, so thank you for all your efforts in-store, on the sidewalk, and on social media! We hope you saw some increased traffic and sales from the event, and we would love to hear your feedback. What did you think worked well? What could be improved? Would you like to do it again? Email your thoughts to: email@example.com . A very special thanks to Leisa Way who put together an amazing entertainment line-up, Michael from Broadway Music for sound services, the Orangeville Public Library for hosting StoryTime for the little ones, and the Orangeville Outlet Centre for supplying the balloons! Special mention also to everyone who went above and beyond to create an interactive experience for our Downtown customers: Aardvark Music & Culture for the live music, Broadway Music for the Ukulele Jam sessions, Dragonfly Arts for the working artists and J’s DIY for hosting mini slime workshops for kids!
Labour Day –Monday September 6thIn accordance with the Town of Orangeville’s Retail Business Holiday Exemption By-law, retail stores ARE permitted to be open on Labour Day.
The Digital Main Street Transformation Grant is Back!Earlier this month, the Federal Government announced that it would be extending funding for the Digital Main Street initiative. This is amazing news for those of you who were hoping to apply for the Transformation grant earlier this year and perhaps didn’t have a chance to complete the online form or missed the deadline. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Digital Transformation Grant provides $2,500 to help grow your small business, become more competitive and engage more customers.
- In the coming weeks we will introduce you to the Digital Main Street Coordinator for Orangeville and area, stay tuned! The coordinator will be available to answer any questions you may have and to assist you with your application.
- If you have questions or require assistance, you can wait to speak to the coordinator before you apply OR complete the application process on your own.
- Find more information about the grant and submit your application here: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/digital-transformation-grant-3-0/
- Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2021.
- Please note that previous Digital Main Street grant recipients may NOT apply at this time
Orangeville Citizen Box AdvertisingThe Orangeville Citizen has a special offer for BIA members. Reach thousands of potential customers each week with our box advertising. Get your message on our ten strategically placed newspaper boxes at high traffic commercial locations throughout Orangeville. For details call or email Doug Rowe: 519-281-5893 • firstname.lastname@example.org Please see attached flyer.
Upcoming Webinar: Social Media For Small Business
Hosted by: Digital Main Street
Date: Thursday, September 9th
Location: OnlineRegister: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/social-media-for-small-business-online-webinar-tickets-165460822775?aff=ebdsoporgprofile&fbclid=IwAR3jI5IjR387qX8ZZGIUCbT9CT2vLQYv4el5WPuMivd_dT2st-IhyVKhTlQ Description: Social media can be a very powerful tool for business growth, but first you need to know what it is and how it works. Click for full description. In this fun and interactive workshop, we’ll look at the basics of today’s popular social media channels—including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest—and decide which are right for you. You’ll develop a social media plan that will drive business results without a big investment of time and energy. You’ll learn:
- How other small businesses have built their brands on each social media channel, picking up tips and inspiration for your own social media activities
- What likes, hashtags, shares and retweets are, and how and when to use them
- How to determine the right content and tone for your business’s social media posts, and the right time and frequency to post them
- How to develop an editorial calendar, with tips for scheduling and automation
- How to analyze social media metrics and determine which ones to focus on for your business goals