December Events & Activities, Holiday Hours & Our Best Wishes for a Joyful Holiday!
2021 is coming to an end – and what a year it’s been! We would like to thank the Board of Management for their leadership and commitment, the OBIA Better Together Task Force for their enthusiasm and dedication, and especially YOU (our members!) for your participation and support this year! It takes all of us to make Downtown Orangeville a truly great place to live, work, & visit!
As business owners, you continue to inspire us with your resilience, forward thinking and passion for what you do! Thanks to your participation, we saw the success of some new initiatives this year, such as The Great Pumpkin Pop-Up, the Joy Book, & Summer Sidewalk Sale. We hope that 2022 will mean the return of some of our regular events, and we encourage you to attend the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday January 26th to hear about the OBIA’s budget and plans for 2022 (official invite coming soon!). In the meantime, please save the date: Wednesday, January 26th at 7 pm!
As we head into the Holidays, OBIA staff will continue to keep an eye on updates from the Ontario Government and Public Health and pass along any important information.
Please be advised that the BIA office will be closed from Thursday, December 23rd through Tuesday, January 4th for the holidays. Staff will be checking email once daily for time-sensitive inquiries only. If your inquiry is URGENT in nature, please call 519-942-0087.
Joy Book Update
- To date, we have received over 500 completed Joy Books, and we anticipate receiving many more!
- Please continue to stamp or initial your customers books until December 31st. The Grand Prize Draw will take place in the first week of January.
- Please ensure that you have enough books to last until December 31st. Please contact Julia to request more Joy Books: email@example.com . Please note that Staff will be unable to deliver Joy Books after December 20th, but you can pick up additional Joy Books at Sproule’s Emporium.
- Not signed up yet? It’s not too late! Contact Julia to be added to the list of participating businesses: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Holiday Hours & Boxing Week Sales
Have you extended your hours leading up to the Holidays? Will you be open Boxing Day? Are you offering Boxing Week specials? We recommend letting your customers know about your holiday hours and special sales via social media, your google business page & website! Please be sure to tag us @downtownoville in your posts so that we can share your details with our Downtown Orangeville followers.
For Boxing Day/Week sales, we encourage you to share sale details BEFORE Christmas so that customers can plan their shopping! Please tag us @downtownoville and we will help to get the word out!
Joy & Lights….and Music!
- This is the final week of our Joy & Lights…& Music series. Special thanks to Broadway Music for hosting the musicians each week!
- This Saturday you can catch Ryan Hancock live at Broadway Music, 229 Broadway, from 2pm-4pm.
- The performance will stream live on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/broadwaymusicorangeville . Grab your laptop & speakers, click the live stream on the Broadway Music Facebook page, and you can play the performances in-store for your customers to enjoy.
#orangevillecares: Snap a Selfie for the Food Bank
From now until December 31st, share your Downtown selfie with us and we’ll donate $2 to the Orangeville Food Bank!
How to share:
- Snap a selfie of yourself Downtown
- Share your photo on Instagram or Facebook
- Tag us @downtownoville and use hashtag #orangevillecares .
- Every photo with hashtag #orangevillecares = a $2 donation!*
*up to a maximum of $500
Just a reminder that you can catch up on past member newsletters here: https://downtownorangeville.ca/member-news/