Friday Re-Opening, Community Improvement Plan Survey, Canada Recovery Hiring Program, June Member Meet-Up & more!
To all members,
Lots of excitement in the air Downtown today as we move to Step One of the Province’s Roadmap to Reopening. Retailers stocking shelves, service members with doors open and a happy hum of activity inside, and restaurants putting the finishing touches on their patios! We hope that you have a great opening weekend!
You are all pros at this now so we don’t really need to remind you, but please stay safe, have hand sanitizer available, markers for social distancing, & signs posted to remind your customers that a mask is required and to notify them of capacity limits & rules for patio dining.
If any of your COVID-19 posters are looking tired, you can print new ones here: https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/your-health/covid-19-information-workplaces-and-living-spaces/signs-and-posters
To those members not permitted to open yet (hair salons, aestheticians, tattoo artists, indoor fitness and more) we wish things were different but we know that it won’t be long now before your doors can open too! In the meantime, please tag us in any of your social media posts for retail products available for purchase or outdoor and virtual classes so that we can continue to encourage customers to support you! @downtownorangeville @downtownoville
Orangeville Community Improvement Plan Survey
**Please note that this survey is NOT related to the Boulevard/Sidewalk Reconstruction Project, but is equally important to the future of our Downtown!
The Town of Orangeville is embarking on a new Community Improvement Plan (CIP).
Your input as a business and member of the community will assist with identifying specific development and investment opportunities, and will help craft financial incentive programs to address the unique needs of Orangeville.
The survey will close on June 30th, 2021.
Click here to take the survey now! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OrangevilleCIP
Click here to learn more: https://www.orangeville.ca/en/town-hall/community-improvement-plan.aspx
Federal Business Support Programs – Update
*NEW* Canada Recovery Hiring Program
- The Canada Recovery Hiring Program will be introduced soon, and will be available retroactively to June 6th, 2021.
- The aim of this program is to make it as easy as possible for businesses to hire new workers as the economy reopens.
- Eligible employers will receive a subsidy of up to 50 per cent of incremental remuneration paid to eligible active employees between June 6, 2021, and November 20, 2021.
- To learn more, please go here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2021/06/helping-hard-hit-businesses-hire-more-workers-with-the-canada-recovery-hiring-program.html
- The wage subsidy, rent subsidy, and lockdown support programs will be extended until September 25th, 2021 (originally expiring this month). This may be extended to November 2021 depending on federal budget legislation. Please read the full details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2021/06/extending-business-support-measures-through-the-pandemic.html
- The Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) and High Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP) are being extended to December 31st, 2021. Learn more here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/08/government-announces-greater-flexibility-and-extension-of-canada-emergency-business-account.html
Save the Date: Next Member Meet Up Tuesday June 22nd @9am
June 22nd will be our last Member Meet Up until September, don’t miss it!
Special guests include David Nairn from Theatre Orangeville, Sara May from True Nature Media & Art of 8 Martial Arts in our New Member Spotlight!
Check your inbox for the official invitation on Monday and please RSVP to email@example.com .
Tourism Orangeville Newsletter
Do you subscribe to Tourism Orangeville’s newsletter? It’s definitely worth the read! Stay up to date with information related to the arts, culture, and tourism in Orangeville and I think you’ll find that your customers really appreciate that you can tell them what’s going on around town! Plus those of you who attended our Member Meet-Up last month are now familiar with one of the writers of the newsletter, Tourism & Culture Officer Katrina Lemire! Check out the latest issue here: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/That-feeling-of-anticipation.html?soid=1103700524539&aid=QSqptMd9Muw