Shop the Street Saturday June 4, Blues & Jazz Free Transit Service, Downtown Orangeville Re-branding Project and more!
Jump to Section
Blues and Jazz Festival – Shop the Street Saturday June 4
- Streets within the road closure area (Broadway between Wellington & First Streets, and Mill St. north of Little York/Armstrong Streets) are reserved for our members on Saturday! This means that as a Downtown business, you are permitted to set up a tent, table, or other display on the street directly in front of your business at no cost to you!
- Members located OUTSIDE of the road closure areas are invited too! We encourage you to set up a table inside of the road closure area - please contact Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org) and staff will work with you to find a great location!
- Yes, you may have to bring in an extra staff member or two, but with so many guests downtown that day, the extra effort and exposure is worth it!
- We really encourage you to think outside the box with this one and feature an exciting product or demonstration, create an eye-catching display, consider offering a special promotion like a raffle or contest (encourage guests to drop their ballot off inside your store to get them through the door!).
- We absolutely love these examples from Suzanne Gardner and Readers’ Choice that make you want to stop, take notice – even stay awhile!
- First impressions are everything! For some visitors, this may be the first time they are learning about your business, and you want to make sure you look your best! Remember to use beautiful table coverings and props, varying heights, signage, and keep your display looking full! We love this example from one of our Farmers’ Market Vendors, Hereward Farms.
Check out more product display tips here: https://shipshewanatradingplace.com/blog/8-booth-display-tips-for-flea-market-vendors
What about Friday and Sunday? The street will be occupied with classic cars (Friday) and Motorcycles (Sunday) but businesses are encouraged to utilize the space just outside their storefronts to display merchandise (must remain within 3ft from the façade). Please take care not to block pedestrian traffic or create any tripping hazards.
Blues and Jazz Festival – Free Bus & Shuttlebus Service
Great news! Orangeville Transit will be providing FREE bus service around town all day Friday until 8 pm and all day Saturday until 6:00 pm! When the free bus service ends, the BIA’s FREE Shuttle service begins! Free shuttles will be available from 8pm Friday and 6 pm Saturday and will run until 1am both evenings. The park & ride Shuttle stop locations are as follows:
- Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites/Boston Pizza
- Fairgrounds (Walmart) Shopping Centre
- Westside Market Village (Sobeys)
- Armstrong Street (Festival)
This will help to reduce parking strain Downtown during the festival and we ask that you please share this information with your staff and customers. The OBIA will be distributing flyers with the above information to help spread the word.
Help us Define Downtown Orangeville’s NEW Brand!
You may have heard that Downtown Orangeville is undergoing a re-branding project with the design team at Aubs & Mugg. The project is in the initial research and discovery phase and as valued members of Downtown Orangeville, we will be asking each of you for your input!
A small, varied sample of Downtown Orangeville Businesses have already been invited to participate in a 30-minute remote conversation, and all members will soon be invited to take a brand survey (coming soon!). The design team is looking for patterns and trends in how people respond and the responses they capture will remain anonymous.
We are excited to see the new brand take shape, and we appreciate your support!
Upcoming Events and Promotions
We have an exciting summer ahead! Here is a sneak peek at some of the events and promotions coming up in Orangeville over the next few months. Click on the links to learn more and stay tuned for full details on upcoming Downtown Orangeville events such as Taste of Orangeville and Music in the Park!
- Blues & Jazz Festival Friday, June 3rd - Sunday, June 5th
- Celebrate your Awesome Saturday, June 18th – Get your rainbows ready! Mill Street will be closed to traffic all day and evening.
- Downtown Orangeville Father’s Day Giveaway – Social media contest coming in June
- Indigenous People’s Day Saturday, June 25th – Alder Soccer Fields
- Music in the Park- Saturdays in July, 11am – 12:30 pm - Alexandra Park gazebo
- Orangeville Rotary Ribfest Friday, July 15th – Sunday, July 17th – Alder Rec. Centre
Taste of Orangeville & Shop the Sidewalk: Saturday, August 20th - Mill Street. More info and sign-up instructions coming soon!
We are Hiring!
The Orangeville BIA is on the hunt for a NEW Member Ambassador.
Message from Julia:
“It has been my pleasure to be your Member Ambassador for just over 2 years. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you and want to take this opportunity to thank you for the kindness you have shown me from day one. To say that we have been through a lot together is an understatement, and if I never have to send another COVID update email, it will be too soon! I am so glad that the worst of the pandemic is behind us, and that our downtown business community can thrive again.
The good news is that this is not farewell! I am not leaving the OBIA, I am just switching roles. I look forward to working closely with all of you in my new position as Marketing Strategist.”
The job posting is now up on Indeed and can be found here: Member Ambassador
Triumph Car Club of Toronto – Saturday, May 28th
The Triumph Car Club of Toronto will be hosting a car show in Orangeville on Saturday, May 28th. Approximately 35 cars/70 people will make the trip to Orangeville to display their British cars. The cars will be located in the centre rows at the north end of the Little York parking lot and will take up approximately 20 spaces. The cars will arrive around 11 a.m. and will leave by 3 p.m.
The organizer has been provided a list of downtown restaurants and information on local shopping and experiences. She is very keen on encouraging the participants to eat/shop/explore downtown Orangeville, so we hope this will be a beneficial event for local businesses.
Have a fabulous week!