Thank you to all who participated in BoO! on Broadway and Beyond. What a wonderful day we had, it was incredible to see so many families in costume enjoying the fun in the park, and strolling our Downtown streets seeking witches in the Witches Walk Scavenger Hunt and peeking in windows to see your fantastic pumpkin creations. Thank you to all who participated by hosting a witch or creating a pumpkin – your efforts go a long way on making downtown a destination for seasonal family fun!
As spooky season comes to a close, the first snowfall was a reminder that the Holiday season is right around the corner! Winter is coming, and since we can’t change it, we welcome it with open arms; embracing even the coldest of days by sipping hot chocolate, putting on our snow boots, and celebrating the beauty and wonder of Winter. Your business can embrace the coming holiday season by joining in on 1 or all 4 of the fantastic opportunities we have planned this season. We hope to add a little extra joy and light to every Downtown Orangeville experience, and we need your holiday spirit to make a them even merrier! Read on for all the details:
YULETIDE WINDOW REVEAL – SIGN UP TODAY!
We are excited to add a new element to our Joy & Lights Tree Lighting Celebration this year – a Yuletide Window Reveal! We all know that Downtown Orangeville has some of the best holiday windows around, and we think it’s time to show them off!
Check out this video to see what a window unveiling is all about! Its really simple, but exciting! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjRHn3oJTcR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
With enthusiastic member participation, the *New* Yuletide Window Reveal is sure to:
- attract visitors from near and far to come Downtown to watch the unveiling as it is happening
- encourage visitors to return to Downtown often to marvel at the beautiful window displays
- help build anticipation around the holiday shopping season & get customers through your door!
How does it work?
- Email Eve at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this event by Friday November 4th!
- On the morning of November 18th (or as early as 1 or 2 days before) cover your storefront windows. You can use traditional wrapping paper, brown paper, fabric, curtains, vinyl tablecloths, anything you like!
- Add a pretty bow or ribbon and include a sign to let your customers know that something exciting is happening behind the scenes! For example, your sign could say: “No peeking”, “Elves hard at work”, or “Holiday Window in progress”.
- While your windows are covered, create your holiday window scene! OR cover your already decorated window. You can add an extra touch or two while they are covered, if you like.
- At 6:00 pm on November 18th, take a video of your windows being unwrapped to share on social media! OBIA staff will be on hand to capture as many of the unveilings as we can, but we can’t be everywhere at once so we ask that you record your own video that you can share on Facebook and Instagram or send to us for sharing.
- Stay open until 8:30 pm on November 18th for Starlight Shopping and the Joy Book Double Your Stamps event (see below for full Tree Lighting Ceremony schedule).
HOLIDAY JOY BOOK – SIGN UP TODAY
This holiday season the Joy Book is back by popular demand! We are so excited to bring back this popular promo that was such a hit with both customers and members last year. The Joy Book launches on the evening of Friday, November 18th, the same evening of the Joy & Lights Tree Lighting event.
Already sold? Email email@example.com to sign up today!
New to the program and need more info? Watch this short video and Read on!https://youtu.be/oi-tIy7VHYg
How does the Joy Book work?
- The above video covers all the basics!
- Downtown Orangeville customers can pick up their Joy Book from any participating business and receive a stamp or initial for every $10 they spend. (Example: if they spend $60 at your store, they receive 6 stamps/initials).
- Once their Joy Book has been filled with 20 stamps, the customer drops their completed Joy Book in the red holiday mailbox outside of Readers’ Choice for a chance to win 1 of 4 amazing prizes including the Grand Prize of $1000 Downtown Dollars!
- The more our customers shop, the more chances they have to WIN! There is no limit on the number of completed Joy Books they can enter.
Why should your business participate?
The Joy Book encourages customers to:
- Shop local first
- Spend more $ per transaction
- Visit more than one location
This program is only open to OBIA members and is FREE to participate. When you sign up, your business will be listed on our Joy Book webpage as a participating member, and the Joy Books will be delivered to you before the kick off date of November 18th.
Q: Will the OBIA promote the Joy Book?
A: Of course! This year's Joy Book will launch on November 18th at the beginning of the Tree Lighting event and will include a special “double your stamps” opportunity. The OBIA will advertise the Joy Book via social media, in print ads, provide participating businesses with posters and promotional materials.
Q: Will participating businesses be required to use a special stamp?
A: You can use a stamp if you like, but simply initialling the booklet on the holiday icons works just as well!
Q: Can I opt in or out of the program at a later date?
A: Yes, you may opt in or out at any time with written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I sign up?
A: It's so simple! Email Eve at email@example.com today!
Make the most of this year’s Joy and Lights events!
- Annual Tree Lighting Celebration, Friday, November 18th
- Santa Claus Parade (with NEW pre-parade street entertainment) on Saturday, November 19th!
A little effort goes a long way in making the most of the Tree Lighting and Santa Claus Parade events. Here’s a few tips and tricks to get the feet on the street to walk through your door!
- Be OPEN! You can’t make sales or encourage return visits if our business is closed.
- Offer an in-store promotion, warm beverage, or festive treat! Here are a few ideas:
- Offer hot apple cider/hot chocolate (use a crockpot and disposable cups)
- Offer free holiday cookies, candy canes, or popcorn
- Feature a special promotion: 10% off ornaments, a coupon to be used at a later date, spend $100 and receive a free gift, etc.
- Dress up for the holidays (reindeer ears, elf hats, Christmas sweaters) and play festive music in the store.